Kit should be brought to camp in a rucksack or holdall. If you have any problems getting hold of any of this equipment, please let us know – we may have some items we can lend to you. Please mark your child’s equipment clearly with their name and our group: 18th Warrington.
Please bear in mind that the Beavers will be required to carry their own equipment between the entrance and our designated camp site – up to 10 minutes walk.
Please get your Beaver to help pack, so they know where everything is.
All items should be clearly labelled with the Beaver’s name.
|Beaver Uniform – sweatshirt and necker Must be worn to and from site|
|4 pairs of socks, some thick for walking boots|
|3 Pairs of underwear|
|2 pairs of trousers – not denim or heavy cotton (scout activity trousers are ideal)|
|1 pair of shorts|
|Warm pyjamas (long sleeve top and bottoms, and socks)|
|2 fleeces or very warm jumpers – one for sleeping in|
|1 waterproof coat with hood|
|1 waterproof trousers|
|Strong shoes (or walking boots)|
|Wash kit – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel, in suitable bag with name on|
|Towel (please label)|
|Warm Sleeping bag – bedding should be in a waterproof bag|
|Pillow – optional|
|Roll mat – the tents are not large enough for air beds|
|Warm hat (you can wear it in bed if you feel cold at night-time)|
|Torch (labelled) and spare batteries|
|Hankies or tissues|
|Two tea towels|
|Mess bag with Plate, Bowl, Cup, Knife, Fork, Spoon and teaspoon – all labelled|
|Water bottle – labelled|
|Cuddly Toy – we like every Beaver to bring one so that if any Beaver needs one they don’t feel silly|
|Book / comic / small card type game – no electronic games / music players / mobile phones etc.|
|Large plastic bags for wet / dirty clothes|
|For watersports – trainers that can get wet, a swimming towel, a swimming costume, wetsuit or old clothes (not jeans or thick cotton) that can be worn over swimming costume, fleece jumper and hat to keep the children warm, waterproofs and a bag for wet gear|
- No mobile phones, electronic games, or other gadgets are allowed.
- It is best to pack a rucksack or soft bag. Suitcases and bin bags are not appropriate. However it is a good idea to use a black bin bag as a “lining” to a rucksack to keep the clothes dry just in case the rucksack gets wet.
- It will be cold at night. Please send your Beaver with an appropriate sleeping bag and blanket to ensure they are warm.
- Pocket money – maximum £5 – in a labelled purse or wallet.
- If your child will need medicines during the camp – please speak to the Camp Leader prior to the camp date, who will advise you of the arrangements.
- All medicines need to be in their original packaging, with caution sheet, inside a clear zip-lock bag. The bag should be labelled with your child’s name, the medication, dosage and frequency. Medicines should be handed to the leader NOT packed inside a bag.
- Note: No responsibility for the personal equipment/clothing and effects can be accepted by the camp organisers and The Scout Association does not provide automatic insurance cover in respect to such items.