All personal kit to be packed in a rucksack or some other soft bag. Black bin liners are not good, as they tear easily and let things fall out. Please mark all kit clearly.
- Sleeping bag
- Watch – no 5am wakeups please!
- Blanket (optional)
- Sleeping mat (the tents are not large enough for air beds)
- Waterproof trousers and jacket with hood
- 3 Complete sets of clothes plus full uniform
- Footwear (trainers are adequate but may get wet and muddy)
- Thick socks or 2 pairs of thin socks.
- Underwear (one set per day)
- Warm trousers (NOT jeans)
- Thick jumper or fleece
- Swimming trunks / costume
- Clothes that can get wet for water activities
- Sandals or other shoes that can get wet for water activities
- Wash kit – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel.
- 2 Tea towels
- Mess bag – Plate, Bowl, Cup, Cutlery
- Torch with spare batteries. Pack the batteries separately so they can’t run flat while in your bag.
- Bin Liners (for wet kit)
- Sun cream and insect repellant.
- Medicines should be in their original packaging in a clear zip-loc bag and handed in by the parents to the leaders. Please label the bag with child’s name and details of dosage (amounts and frequency).
- Small-ish backpack and drinks bottle to carry lunch and drink while out and about
- Hiking boots
- Woollen hat
- Warm gloves
- Teddy 🙂
Please leave phones, electronic items, and anything easily breakable at Home .
Also, please don’t bring huge hordes of sweets or chocolate. There will be lots of food and snacks available at the camp, and we don’t want to attract rats or insects into the tents, following the scent of sweet food. Scouts don’t sleep if they have too much sugar.
Scouts – please pack the bag yourself, so that you know where everything is!